Australia Leave It Late To Steal Win

New Zealand would open the scoring inside the first minute, a wide ball thrown for Michael Kulene who showed incredible pace to break down the right edge, rounding behind the posts to improve the kick position, the kick converted to make it 6-0.

New Zealand would try the same play again at the next given opportunity, this time the Michael Kulene clawed down and dragged into touch to prevent a garunteed try. Australia then going own the other end and forcing a drop out, Peter Mitchell going close when he squeezed between two players, the ball lost in contact on the last.

New Zealand would immediately launch an attack down the other end of the field, Michael Kulene found on the right edge, sprinting to within 5 metres of the line before offloading and then receiving the ball back to dive over the line for his second try of the game, the kick converted from touch by Jim Doolen.

Australia would respond after back to back penalties, debutante Rylee Lowe diving over from close range out of dummy half, New Zealand's discipline costing them 4 points, the kick dropping just under the posts and Australia now trailing 12-4.

A penalty for a shoulder charge would put New Zealand within striking distance of the Australia line, the kiwis throwing everything at the Roos line but it holding firm with some good defence from Lowe, Gleeson and Jobson.

Australia would intecept the ball just 15 metres from the New Zealand line, repeated penalties then putting Australia on the New Zealand line for 10 tackles, Tristan Gibbs taking the drive in off the tap and busting the line to score on the verge of the half, the kick missed  and the sides going into the half 12-8 in favour of New Zealand.

 Both sides would ramp up the intensity for the second half, crunching tackles and tackles booming runs aplenty as neither of these sides looking to take a backwards step. A serious injury then brought on a suspension of play for roughly 40 minutes, both sets of players applauding as Kyle Lloyd was taken from the field via ambulance, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Michael Kulene would finish his hat-trick off when New Zealand shipped the ball to the right flank once more from 10 metres out, the ball moved through the hands before finding it's way to Kulene, the kick missed from out on the right, 16-8 New Zealand.

A penalty for Australia would give them their best chance of the half, a lack of composure would unfortunately bring a break down in play for the Roos as Lowe was pinged for offside and the coming to nothing with 10 minutes left to play.

Gleeson would put Australia firmly back in the contest, Mitch Gleeson going hard and straight at Gilmore and finding a way over the top of him, Frost converting and setting us up for a grandstand final 3 minutes.

Australia would snatch the win in the last minute of play, an interception tipped on to Daniel Frost, Frost putting on the afterburners to speed away from the pursuing New Zealand defenders, Frost adding the extras to make it 20-16, the Australian side hanging on to steal the first test from under the Kiwis noses.


Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call