Trinity Run Wolves Close In High Scoring Encounter

Two close fixtures already this year set the tone for another slugfest between these two sides, Warrington running away with the game in the last 15 minutes after an eruption of points.

Wakefield would stun the visitors inside 5 minutes, Tyler Randell spotting a gap and backing himself through the line, a turn of pace enough to keep Ratchford at bay as he opened the scoring from 20 metres out, Hampshire successfully converting.

Warrington would respond 10 minutes later in emphatic fashion, Ben Murdoch-Masila ramping up and becoming a human wrecking ball, the big man covering 40 metres of turf and leaving Trinity defenders in his wake to cross under the posts, Dec Patton leveling the scoreline.

Trinity would recapture the lead shortly after, Jacob Miller attacking the Warrington line and releasing Joe Arundel on a cut out ball to put him into the left corner, Hampshire going 2 for 2 as he took Wakefield to a 12-6 lead.

Wakefield came close to extending their lead when Ryan Hampshire's kick proved troublesome for the Warrington right edge, Tupou coming out with the ball but Charnley stripping it one on one to prevent and almost certain try.

Ryan Hampshire looked to have given Trinity the last laugh of the half when he bagged himself a 1 pointer with a minute 30 left on the clock, Warrington stealing the ball back on a short kick off through Josh Charnley, Charnley kicking ahead for Toby King to score for the visitors, Patton converting his second of the game, 13-12 Wakefield at the half.

Warrington had clearly received some stern words from Steve Price in the interval as they came out looking to finish this game early, Stefan Ratchford putting boot to ball and following up to ground the ball and regain the lead for the Wolves, Patton maintaining his 100% record off the tee for the night.

A fortuitous bounce would bring Warrington's next points some four minutes later, Patton's kick allowed to bounce by the Wakefield contingent and the ball sitting up kindly for Jack Hughes to cross and take the game further out of Trinity's reach at 24-13.

Ryan Hampshire would renew hopes of a fightback for his side, coming into the line ball in hand before shaping to pass and instead going through a gaping hole in the line, the Trinity utility going over untouched to close the gap 5 points after converting his own try.

Dec Patton would play Ryan Hampshire at his own game when dummied close to the line and scored, converting to make it 30-19 with 9 minutes left on the clock.

Ben Jones-Bishop's late try would be cancelled out by a Ryan Atkins interception as Warrington took a 36-23 win in their last game before their semi-final against St Helens on October 4th.


Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call