Saints Hammer Wolves In Fiery Affair

Saints would start the game on the front foot, an early penalty giving them easy points within the first 5 minutes, Westwood taking Richardson off the ball after his kick, the Saint half opting to shoot for the sticks to open the scoring.

The game would erupt after 12 minutes, players coming from everywhere to a huge scuffle in the middle of the field, the referee brandishing 3 yellow cards; Matty Lees sent for 10 after his dangerous tackle, Mark Percival and Ryan Atkins punished for the aftermath.

Warrington's chances were beginning to come thick and fast, Ratchford and Charnley denied certain tries by the Saints left edge, it was only going to be a matter of time before Warrington made one stick. Kevin Brown taking advantage of the extra space on the field and scooting over for the games opening try, Patton converting.

St Helens would find their counter punch 8 minutes before the half, St Helens given 6 more tackles after a high tackle, the visitors taking advantage of the extra possession and Luke Douglas powering his way over the line to score, Richardson converting to give Saints the lead back.

Saints would extend their lead 2 minutes before the half, Ashworth with the initial break, then using Barba and Percival in support before the eventually found it's way to Regan Grace to score in the left corner, Richardson unable to convert sending the sides into the half at 12-6.

St Helens would make a fast start to the second half, Jonny Lomax opening the scoring after 10 minutes, Saints holding out after some goal line pressure from the Wolves and then launching their assault on the Warrington line, Barba unleashing Percival and Lomax found in support to finish the try, Richardson converting to make it 18-6.

Saints would go back to back, Danny Richardson putting Ryan Morgan through a gap, the Saints centre then drawing the fullback and returning the ball to Richardson to grab himself a try, Richardson then converting his own try to make it 24-6.

Ben Barba would grab the first of his two tries, on the last Lomax opting to run the ball and finding Barba, then spinning out of contact and fending away from a Warrington man and scoring, Richardson unable to convert the extras as the league leaders held a 28-6 lead with 20 minutes to play

Warrington would finally cease the Saints scoring onslaught, Saints spilling the ball and Toby King the fastest to react and race away to register Warrington's first points since the 20th minute, Patton converting to make it 24-10.

The last 5 minutes of the game would see both sides register a try a piece, Ben Barba grabbing his second of the game before Bryson Goodwin would finish the game with nothing more than a consolation try at the end of the game for Warrington, the match finishing up 34-14.


Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call