Storm's second half comeback keeps them atop the NRL table

Melbourne Storm 10 defeat Gold Coast Titans 8.

Match Review:
With the Melbourne Storm trekking it to the Gold Coast in hope of retaining top spot on the NRL ladder, the Titans came into this game with nothing but pride to play for, and they spent the first 40 minutes showing that off.
The first half of the game was low scoring half, however it was most definitely an entertaining half. It was a quick start for Gold Coast, when an early try to young gun Alexander Brimson put the home side ahead early. 
It was a beautiful set piece play that saw Kane Elgey take on the line before hitting Brimson with the short ball which lead to the fullback trucking his way over the line in the opening 5 minutes of the game.
A penalty goal for Ash Taylor in the 13th minute extended the Titans lead out to 8 point to nil, but that was all the scoring we saw for the remainder of the half. Both teams had their opportunities, but a mixture of errors and brilliant defence from both sides was the reason for the low scoring game. 
An amazing fast break for Billy Slater nearing the end of the half saw him pop a pass over to young Justin Olam to grab his first try of his career, however the young centre dropped it clean with nothing but clear air in front of him, and the Titans stormed off onto the attack. 
A beautiful run down field by Brimson almost lead to a try to Phillip Sami, but the Storm defence rolled him over in goal and help him up. The Storm were then able to hold strong and go into the sheds 8-0 down and Ash Taylor kicking himself over a missed penalty goal attempt after the buzzer.
The opening 20 minutes of the second half saw the Storm fight back into the game and take the lead after a horrid first half.
It only took 5 minutes for the Storm to push their way over the Titans line and score their first try of the game. An excellent set piece on attack was interrupted when the Titans captain Ryan James hit Smith late but was let go. The pair had a scuffle before two more Titans players jumped in on it. The result was an overlap when the Storm played on and a play out to the right sent centre Curtis Scott over.
Roughly 15 minutes later the Storm took the lead. Another identical set play to the last try lead up involved fullback Billy Slater finding Cameron Munster who used his brilliant footwork and fend to push off two Titans defender and stroll over the line. The conversion kicked gave the Storm a 2 point lead with 20 minutes to go.
Unfortunately for the Titans, a hard hit on Ash Taylor saw Gold Coast lose their halfback for a HIA with roughly 10 minutes left in the game, ruling the young half out for the game. 
Despite pushing hard in the final 10 minutes, the Titans were unable to find a way through the Storm defence as Melbourne pushed out a second half comeback to win the game 10-8.
Gold Coast Titans:
4’ Alexander Brimson (Try)
6’ Ash Taylor (Conversion)
13’ Ash Taylor (Penalty Goal)
Melbourne Storm:
45’ Curtis Scott (Try)
59’ Cameron Munster (Try)
61’ Cameron Smith (Conversion)


Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call