Warrington See Off Spirited Salford

Warrington would make a quick start to the game, Tyrone Roberts wriggling through the Salford defence and drawing the attention of the fullback before setting away Sitaleki Akauola to score the opening points of the game inside 5 minutes, Goodwin with an easy conversion to take it to a 6-0 lead.

Salford refused to allow their poor start to see them out of the game, Jack Littlejohn probing the line and eventually stretching out to level the score for Salford, Robert Lui adding the extras 7 minutes after Salford fell behind.

The level pegging would be short lived as three minutes later Mitch Brown threw the ball wide, Lineham the recipient of the pass as the big winger dived into the corner, Goodwin unable to convert from the wing.

Roberts would have a hand in yet another Warrington try, the Australia bound half kicking into the in goal area, the grubber sitting up for Toby King who pounced on the loose ball, Goodwin unable to add the extras.

Salford's job was about to get a whole lot harder, Ryan Lannon preventing Josh Charnley from playing the ball close to the line in a fairly certain try scoring opportunity, Salford reduced to 12 after 27 minutes of play.

Salford looked to be doing a better job with less men on the field, especially when Jack Littlejohn got his second of the game, Griffin flicking the ball out the back for Littlejohn, Lui's conversion off target and the score remaining 14-10.

Toby King appeared to have his second of the game too, the Warrington man denied by the referee after Mitch Brown's pass was ruled forward, the sides going in at the halfway mark 14-10.
Salford would stun the Wolves 6 minutes into the second half, keeping the ball alive in some great improvised play from the Red Devils, Jake Bibby the man on the end of the play as Salford levelled the game.

Josh Charnley would once more reclaim the lead 7 minutes after having it snatched away, the in form winger finding his way into the corner, Goodwin kicking the conversion from the touchline to take Warrington into the final 20 minutes 20-14 up.

Daryl Clark would as good as confirm the win for Warrington with 10 minutes left to play, muscling his way over from close range to extend Warrington's lead, Goodwin on hand to make it 26-14, giving Salford a mountain to climb in the last 10 minutes.

A special moment for Ben Westwood would close the game, on his 499th game for Warrington the stalwart forward would force the ball to ground despite the efforts of two Salford defenders, Goodwin unable to convert and Warrington seeing the game out as 30-14 winners.


Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call