The Bunnies hold on against a fast finishing Sharks

The Sharks travelled to ANZ to take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs in their round 13 match with 3rd spot up for grabs. It was the Sharks that got first points of the night through a Townsend penalty after early penalties given against the Rabbitoh's.

Back to back penalties only minutes later gifted Souths a chance to draw square which they did through the boot of Reynolds.

The Rabbitoh's got the first try of the game off the next set. Walker drawing in 2 defenders finding Sutton on his inside hip. Sutton after breaking the line drew in a handful of Sharks defenders before finding Tom Burgess just metres out and he was able to crash over next to the post giving Reynolds an easy conversion.

After the points Souths had all the running with the ball and too make matters worse Wade Graham copped an accidental knee to the head resulting in a HIA. Unfortunately for Souths they weren't out of the wars either, with Burns injuring his knee around the 20 minute mark. Both players didn't return for the match.

A deliberate and almost professional foul penalty was given by Fifita infront of the sticks gave Reynolds the perfect chance to extend the lead to 8 after 25 minutes.

Momentum changed after the points as the Sharks finally got a break. But after 3 sets on the Bunnies line the Sharks never looked like crossing.

The sides played out set for set in the final 10 minutes of the first half, with neither side able to hold onto any serious field posession. Souths went into the break 10-2.

Campbell Graham opened the scoring in the second half through a Reynolds bomb, jumping from inside the field of playing leaping over Feki catching the ball halfway into the in-goal and slamming it down. The kick from out wide was the first miss of the night by Reynolds.

The match became a real arm wrestle after those points, as the errors were minimal and the penalties dried up. Unfortunately neither side were able to cross the white strip. The next points eventually came in the 60th minute through another Reynolds penalty goal extending the lead to 14.

An interception by Katoa resulted in Jennings being sin binned after a confusion between the 2 refs (Checchin isn't allowed to bin players now). The next set though it was 12 on 12 with Moylan being binned for too many penalties against the Sharks.

In possibly his last NRL match Farah set up the next try with a lovely short ball to Tom Burgess close to the line after a Doueihi line break. With the Reynolds conversion the South heading into the final 10 minutes leading 22-2.

The Sharks eventually got a try with 5 minutes left after Ramien was able to barge over the line and force the ball down. Townsend converted the try bringing the score to 22-8.

1 minute later Katoa crossed for his first NRL try after a superman like jump in the corner after a Chad Townsend line break. Another conversion from Townsend made the scoreline 22-14 but the Sharks left their run too late as the score didn't change again.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours