Storm finish strong to defeat the Broncos

Melbourne played host to the Brisbane Broncos for the second Sunday match of round 14. It was the Storm captain Cameron Smith first on the board after an error from the Broncos on their own line followed up by a penalty giving Smith the opportunity to take the lead.

Like the majority of games this season the penalties continued resulting in Isaako leveling up the score for the Broncos with an easy penalty goal.

The Broncos captain Darius Boyd was next on the board after some soft defence by the Storm on their line and with another easy kick for Isaako the Broncos took a 6 point lead just short of the 20 minute mark.

Tries kept coming for the Broncos as Isaako made the most of a storm error crossing from a Broncos scrum play but was unable to convert his kick.

Melbourne eventually scored through Young Tonumaipea just short of the 30 minute mark with some soft defence by the Broncos this time on their try line and with Smith's conversion it was back to a 4 point ball game at the break.

The Storm looked certain to score in the opening minutes of the second half but a try saving tackle by a couple of Broncos defenders on their left edge were able to hold up Vunivalu over the try line.

It didnt take long though for the Storm to hit the board though with the next set on the Broncos line resulting in a try for Kaufusi and with Smith's conversion the Storm took a 2 point lead.

The Storm came close a few times after the Kafusi try but an Isaako break ended with a knock on due to a Munster cover tackle. From that Storm next set it was Munster who scored near the post after some soft defence. With Smith converting the try, the Storm had a 8 point lead with 20 to go.

A terrible call by referee Ben Cummins against the Storm for taking out a kick chaser resulted in a penalty for Broncos on Storm line and the Broncos didn't waste the gift handed to them with Kahu scoring in the corner. Isaako was unable to convert the try, resulting in a 4 point game with 15 minutes to go.

The Storm hit back though not long after with Vunivalu breaking his 4 game tryless streak with a lovely take from a cross field bomb by Munster. Smith's conversion gave the Storm a 26-16 lead.

The Storm secured the 2 point with a try to Hughes in the final moments of the game after an offload from Glasby near the line. With the conversion from Smith the scoreline finished at 32-16.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours