Sharks grind out a victory

Warriors 15 defeated by the Sharks 18

Friday night football seen the Warriors hosting the Sharks. Both sides desperate for a win will give them a massive boost in the run towards.

Townsend failed to find touch from a penalty and the sharks were made to pay instantly, a short ball Green to Papali'i barging through the line offloading to Kata who was able to ground the ball just inside the touch line. Johnson was able to convert the try from the sideline for a 6 nil lead after 5.

Another error from the sharks with Ramien dropping 20m out on the second resulting in attacking position for the Warriors. A Johnson short ball finding Gelling who was able to barge his way over. With the conversion warriors ahwad of the scoreboard up 12 nil.

Back to back penalties against the warriors released the pressure and Ramien was able to make up for his earlier error crossing for the sharks first try of the night finishing a well structured backline play.

The momentum had swung and it was all Sharks, this time it was Lee crossing with the Sharks swinging the ball through the hands and making an overlap. Townsend made no mistake with this kick bringing the score to 12-10 with 15 to go in the first half.

An escort by Beale in the final minutes of the first half gave Townsend the chance to level the score 15m in from the touch line and with the successful kick the score was locked up going into the break.

A late one on one strip against the Warriors resulted in the first points in the second half coming from the boot of Townsend with just over 20 minutes remaining. Giving the Sharks their first lead of the match.

A penalty against the Sharks for being offside on their line resulted in the score locking up at 14 all with a Johnson penalty goal with 12 minutes on the clock.

A Shaun Johnson field goal for Warriors with 6 minutes left caught the Sharks off guard giving the Warriors a one point lead.

The Warriors looked to have the game sealed next set with Holmes dropping a bomb and it was collected by Luke who grounded the ball under the post. But he was correctly offside by the bunker as he was within the 10m.

The Sharks hit back 2 sets later though with Lee getting his second try of the match off a pass that the commentators said went at least a metre and a half forward. Townsend missed the kick resulting in the score at 18-15 and the Sharks able to hold on.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Nath’s Sunday Night Signings and Rumours

Turkey demolish Japan 60-0