Dragons go 8 from 8 at home.

St. George Illawarra Dragons 32 defeated the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 8.

The Dragons hosted the Sea Eagles at WIN Stadium, with 1st spot up for grabs after the Panthers loss on Friday night. With a facial given to James Graham infront of the post, Widdop took the easy 2 points from the penalty.

Manly lookes certain to hit back with Joel Thompson getting over the line, but Matt Dufty came up with one of the best try saving tackles of the season, with the assist of Aitken keeping the ball off the ground.

The Sea Eagles were able to hit back with a penalty of their own after Hodkinson qas hit late by DeBelin. 2 all after 22.

Kurt Mann was eventually the first try scorer of the match after almost 30 minutes finishing off a Dragons backline play, with Dufty nailing the cut out pass hitting Mann on the chest.

The flood gates looked to have open with Lafai able to stroll over virtually untouched out of hooker just minutes later. Widdop again was unable to convert the try, though one of the touchies believed it went through the post.

Tom Wright though was able to hit back for the Sea Eagles just before half time with a solo try from 40m out. Making his 1st NRL try look like one of the easiest the game has seen. Hodkinsons conversion seen the Sea Eagles trail by 2 with 4 minutes left in the half.

Sims hit back though for the Dragons in the final seconds of the half after so some second phase play and some reserve grade defende. Widdop converted the try giving the Dragons a 16-8 halftime lead.

Manly failed to finish the first two sets of the second half. They were able to handle the first set on their line, but Hunt placing a grubber in from hooker seen Widdop ground the ball just inside the dead ball line. After converting his own try the Dragons had a 14 point lead.

Manly lookes certain to score with plenty of pressure on the Dragons line, but Jack DeBelin picking up a loose ball and running 60m before being tackled gave Dragons the perfect chance to get over the lines and it was Graham who scored his first try for the Dragons.

Manly looked to have hit back through Fonua-Blake, but the bunker correctly ruled that Thompson had taken out Frizzell.

Manly wasted another 3 chances on the left side of the field in a 15 minute burst, with the ball ending up over the sideline twice and another knock on with the line wide open.

Nene McDonald put the icing on the cake for the Dragons, picking up the scraps from a cross field bomb by Hunt, scoring in the corner. Widdop missed the conversion leaving the score at 32-8 which it remained till full time.



Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call