Adelaide hosts yet another blockbuster.

Sydney Roosters 8 Melbourne Storm 8

The second Friday night match seen the NRL travel to the Adelaide Oval with the Sydney Roosters hosting the Melbourne Storm.

The match started with a high intensity as expected and a whistle happy referee with 6 blown inside the first 20 minutes. A brilliant try saving tackle from the Roosters left edge on Vunivalu kept the at nil all after 20 minutes with the Storm deciding not to take the 2 on multiple occasions.

The Roosters decided to eventually take the easy 2 points on offer as the penalties continued. Referee Atkins had warned both captains by the 26th minute with the penalties already at 5 a piece. Mitchell getting the penalty goal in the 27th minute.

It seemed by the 33rd minute Atkins had forgot they he had warned Roosters Captain Jake Granville, as another penalty by the Roosters resulted in yet another final warning. With the penalty in front of the post, Smith elected to take the 2, making it 2 a piece after 35 minutes.

Next up was a another penalty shot for the Roosters, marking the 15th penalty of the first half. Mitchell missed the kick as referee Atkins had forgotten his previous warning to the Storm with no one ending up in the bin. 2 all at half time in a stop start affair.

A new half but the penalties didn't stop. But the refs finally had enough and Victor Radley got himself 10 in the bin. Melbourne decided against the penalty goal and Asofa-Solomona dropped the ball cold off the tap.

The Roosters were unable to hold on for the entire 10 minutes, falling just 30 seconds short and it was that man Nelson Asofa-Solomona barging over under the sticks from a Smith pass out of hooker. Smith got the conversion and Storm lead 8-2 after 60 minutes.

Another error for NSA off the kick off should have seen the Roosters hit back instantly, but Tupou second guessed himself when going for a try in the corner. But a 1 on 1 strip seen him fall short.

Off the knock on call from the 1 on 1 strip the Roosters set a backline play out to the right and after Addo-Carr almost took an interception, Tedesco took the rebound and found Matthew Ikuvalu who was able to plant the ball just inside the touch line. As the rain started to pour down Mitchell nailed the side line conversion. 8 all with 15 minutes left as another golden point game looked on the cards.

Back to back penalties from the kick off gifted Mitchell a chance to take the lead back through a penalty goal in the 67th minute, but he hit the uprights from almost right in front. A miss that could be match defining.

Cameron Munster had first shot at field but was unsuccessful, with Copper Cronk having the next shot next set but Ryan Hoffman came up with the charge down. Next set it was back to Munster for another shot but this time it was Tedesco with the charge down.

Smith ended up taking the next shot in the final minute of the match, nailing the field goal from almost 40 meters out.

Cronk had a chance to level the score again with only seconds left but it was Ryan Hoffman again coming up with the charge down, securing the Storm victory.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Nath’s Sunday Night Signings and Rumours

Turkey demolish Japan 60-0