Women's Super League Round 3 Round Up

Yet another exciting week in the Women's Super League, two games to wrap up this week as Wigan took on St Helens and Bradford vs York.

Warriors End Saints Unbeaten Run

Wigan ran out 16-6 winners in a very tight game against a previously unbeaten St Helens side. Saints struck the first blow in the 7th minute of the game, Chantelle Crowl running a sharp line before getting her hands on a brilliant short pass at the line to go over, Faye Gaskin converting to give the visitors a 6-0 lead. 10 minutes before halftime, Wigan would find their way back  into the game through Georgia Wilson, the Cherry and White's creating the overlap after a period of sustained pressure, the centre going through the gap after showing the outside and backing herself to score, Davis unable to convert and Saints lead 6-4 into the half.

Walsh, the Wigan Captain, would be given 10 minutes to cool off after she was sin binned for dissent, Wigan holding firm without their captain and successfully keeping out an aggressive Saints. Wigan would take the lead for the first time in the game in the 57th minute, Wilson grabbing her second after Vanessa Temple shook herself free of a couple of tacklers before setting away Wilson to race 50 metres to score, Davis unable to convert. Walsh would atone for her binning by setting up Sarah Harrison after a big run from the captain, Walsh hitting a diagonal line and then popping the ball up for Harrison to force her way over, Davis once more unable to convert as Wigan carried a 12-6 lead into the final 20 minutes. Wigan would land the killer blow through Rebecca Greenfield, stretching out to put down as Saints defenders flocked to prevent her from grounding the ball, the kick missed but Wigan running out 16-6 winners.
Bulls Go Big Against Knights

The Bradford Bulls picked up their first win of the 2018 season in an emphatic manor, crushing the York City Knights 72-10. The Bulls were up 44-0 going into the second half after tries from; Claire Garner, Heather MacDonald, Regan Walker, Danielle Bose and doubles from Leah Jones and Jess Courtman. Bradord had an almost equally productive second half, Kirsty Moroney opening up the second half scoring for the Bulls, swiftly followed Claire Garner's second of the game, despite York's best efforts Garner somehow still crossing.

York would finally strike back after a series of penalties, before Debbie Smith would grab her own double to put Bradford 68-4 up with 10 minutes left to play. Kayleigh Waller looked to have grabbed York the last points of the game as she intercepted and raced clear to pull the score back to 68-10, Debbie Smith however, had other plans for the game as she completed as second half hat-trick to see the Bulls off the pitch as 72-10 winners.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Nath’s Sunday Night Signings and Rumours

Turkey demolish Japan 60-0