Warriors End Wolves 8 Game Unbeaten Run

Wigan would open the scoring early, on the 5th minute winning a penalty for a high shot on Sam Powell, Tomkins kicking the goal from 10 metres in front to give Wigan an early edge in what is sure to be a really tough game.

Warrington pile some early pressure on to force a repeat set, a probing grubber forced to be dealt with by John Bateman, from the resulting possession Warrington would grab the first try of the game, Harvey Livett, Lineham somehow keeping the ball alive with an incredible offload to allow the Warrington second rower over on the left, Goodwin unable to convert.

Things would get heated after Kevin Brown took exception to Joel Tomkins swat at the ball as he came from acting half, a lot of pushing and shoving but no real cause for concern for referee, Robert Hicks, calling the captains and letting them know that it will not be tolerated next time.

Wigan would be denied down the right edge by the long outstretched arm of Tom Lineham, the Warrington winger trying to pluck the ball from the air but only able to breakdown play as he lost grip of the ball but denying a sure fire try. Wigan wouldn't have to wait much longer to edge in-front, Powell going over and the try given under controversial circumstances, many thinking he had lost the ball short but the video referee unable to find sufficient evidence to overturn the on field decision, Tomkins converting to make it 8-4 after 25 minutes.

Wigan would score off the back of a penalty, Goodwin putting Bateman in a dangerous position, piggybacking the Cherries down to the Wolves 20, the Warriors would then shift the ball from right to left through the hands, eventually finding it's way to Sam Tomkins who stumbled and stretched into the corner, Tomkins then adding the extras to make it 14-4 after 30 minutes.
Warrington would reduce the deficit 5 minutes before halftime, Ratchford getting himself on the end of a Kevin Brown kick, Goodwin kicking the Wolves to within 4 of the Warriors, however, Wigan would extend that lead out to 6 after receiving a penalty in front of the posts to send the sides into the half at 16-10 Wigan.

We'd have to wait 10 minutes for the first try of the second half, Bateman speeding onto the ball from 25 metres out, the England international bumping through two tackles before stepping past Ratchford to score under the posts, Tomkins kicking the extras to give Wigan a 22-10 lead.

Wigan would go back to back, Marshall taking on Charnley outside in an incredible head to head foot race, Charnley snagging Marshall before he offloaded back inside for Williams to score out on the right side, Tomkins unable to convert.

Wigan's discipline was beginning to be questioned, first a penalty against Marshall for lifting Josh Charnley quickly followed by a strip on Tyrone Roberts, the Wolves looked poised to score but Murdoch-Masila losing the ball on his way into the line, Wigan surviving.

Wigan would take the two points on offer when Ryan Atkins was pulled for offside, Williams chipping over and toeing through, the kick bouncing off Ratchford before Atkins picking it up in an offside position, Tomkins dragging the kick wide of the post.

Stefan Ratchford would be denied his second try of the game, a hole created by a dubious looking obstruction ruled by the video referee after a man stayed in the defensive line, from there Wigan would go down the other end of the field and score, a chip over the top finding Liam Marshall who raced in to ground the ball, Tomkins hitting the post from the right wing with the boot.

Wigan had yet more points in them, first Tom Davies going over for a try that was converted, quickly followed a Tomkins penalty goal to give Wigan a 38-10 win over Warrington.



Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call