Valiant Robins End Warriors Run

Wigan would make the better start of the two sides, George Williams attacking the line and stabbing a kick through into the in-goal area, confusion erupting amongst the Robins defence and Joel Tomkins the fastest to react to give Wigan the opening points after just 7 minutes, Sam Tomkins converting the extras.

Wigan would soon have their defence tested, Elliot Wallis on his way to a surefire try in the corner prevented by Liam Marshall and Liam Forsyth, the Warriors keeping out Rovers in the early stages.

Sam Tomkins would put the Warriors back in range of Hull KR's line with a 40/20, the kick getting Wigan in position to launch their next assault. Hands in the play the ball would see Wigan take the two points on offer to extend their lead on the 15 minute mark, Tomkins making it 8-0.

Hull KR would concede a goal line drop out after 20 minutes of play, the Rovers keeping Wigan out and then going downfield to register some points of their own, Maurice Blair's kick taken by Junior Vaivai to score the try, Danny Tickle kicking the goal to make it 8-6.

Hull KR clearly had their tails up after the try as they would score again 3 minutes later, Will Dagger getting his arm free after contact to set away Adam Quinlan down the left hand side, Dannny Tickle unable to convert to make it 10-8, that's how it would remain until halftime.

.After 10 minutes of sustained pressure from the Rovers would see them take the lead for the first time in the game, Chris Atkin smashing his way through the Wigan line, Tickle adding the extras to make it 16-8 after 50 minutes payed.

The Warriors would go close to putting themselves back within a few points of KR, a George Williams pass swatted down on the Hull KR 10 refreshing the tackle count before a big drive from John Bateman would see the England international pulled down just short and lose the ball as he attempted to ground it.

Joel Tomkins would be sent for 10 minutes to the sin bin for dissent, Danny Tickle opting to shoot for the sticks to give Hull KR a 10 point lead going into the last 10 minutes of the game at 18-8.

The Warriors had quickly become the masters of their own downfall, a mistake in the Wigan half would cost them possession and points, James Greenwood jumping on the loose ball and setting away Junior Vaivai who raced clear to score, Danny Tickle converting to make it 24-8 with 75 minutes on the clock.

Both sides would finish the game with 12 men after Josh Johnson joined Joel Tomkins in the sin bin with 2 minutes left to play, that did not affect the score though and the Robins grabbing a very important 24-8 victory to lift them off the bottom of the table.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours