Dragons and Raiders go bush

The Dragons took their round 11 home game to Mudgee where they faced a desperate Canberra Raiders infront of almost 9000 fans and it was the Raiders who crossed first with NSW Blues origin contender Nick Cotric barging over close to the line.

The Dragons crossed the line just before the 20 minute mark with a soft try to DeBelin under the sticks and with Widdops conversion the Dragons took a 6-4 lead.

The lead didnt last long though as an error in the Dragons next set gifted the Raiders good position with the ball. Austin gave an inside ball back to Leilua and every Dragons player stopped expecting a penalty, but common sense prevailed within the bunker and the try was rewarded. Croker got the conversion to give the Raiders a 10-6 lead.

A high shot from Papalii on Dufty resulted in Papalii placed on report and the Dragons closed the gap back to 2 with a penalty goal from Widdop. On the siren a kick down field from Dufty resulted in yet another penalty, this time Tapine on report for a shoulder charge. Widdop got the penalty goal from the sideline 30m out locking the scoreboard up at 10 all heading into the sheds.

The penalty goals continued after the break, this time it was the Raiders through Croker getting the 2 points to give the Raiders a 2 point lead not long after the break.

We finally got out 4th try of the match and with it the Dragons took the lead once again. A Mcinnes linebreak from dummy half found Dufty who put a lovely chip kick in with Widdop winning the race and scoring next to the post before converting his own try.

The Raiders hit right back after a quick tap from Rapana caught the Dragons defence with their backs turned and ran 60m virtually untouched. With the conversion from Croker the Raiders took a 18-16 lead, the 6th lead change of the match with more than 20 minutes still remaining.

The sin bins for the round continued with 20 minutes left on the clock Rapana denied McDonald a chance of a try. The video ref ruling it was a professional foul. Another penalty seconds later gave Widdop a chance to level the score and he did that with his 5th goal of the day.

The Dragons took the lead again, this time through Dufty, running roughly 60m too get across the line under the sticks allowing an easy conversion for Widdop to extend the lead to 6.

A field goal from that man Widdop within the final 5 minutes sealed the result, giving the Dragons a 7 point lead, which they held onto until the full time siren. Final score Dragons 25 Raiders 18



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours