Broughton Hat-Trick Secures Win For Dominant Dragons

Salford looked to have got off to the ideal start, Derrell Olpherts crossing for the Red Devils after a Robert Lui kick was palmed back inside by Welham, the decision sent upstairs and the try rather cynically chalked off due to Hauraki being within the 10 from an offside position.

Hauraki would soon atone for his error, first attacking the line then passing to Flanagan who then gave the ball back to Hauraki who powered through from 15 metres out, carrying two Catalan men over with him, Lui adding the extras to give Salford a 6-0 lead after 8 minutes.

Catalans would strike back through Benjamin Garcia after 13 minutes in his 100th game for the Dragons, a string of Salford penalties evantualy leading to the line buckling, Garcia stretching out to ground the ball with some question marks around the grounding, Drinkwater unable to convert.

Julian Bousquet would take advantage of a Logan Tomkins error behind his own line, a grubber stabbed into the in-goal area lost by Logan Tomkins and the big Catalans forward the fastest to react to the loose ball, Drinkwater adding the extras to make it 10-6 after 23 minutes.

The Dragons looked to have gone back to back, Tony Gigot breaking the line and ripping through the Salford line but tackled 20 metres shy of the line, a kick that once more dabbed into the in-goal area for Benjamin Garcia to drop on for looked to be his second, the video referee spying the dropped ball to deny the milestone man his second of the game.

Benjamin Garcia would be denied a second time just minutes later, Wiliame busting the tackle and racing to within 5 metres of the Salford line, Garcia coming in at acting half before trying to power over from close range, held up the call from the referee.

The final 10 minutes of the first half would be all Catalans, completing sets, offloading and dangerous kicks, in comparison Salford were looking very mediocre, knock ons, forced passes and too many penalties, the Red Devils fortunate to go in at the half losing by just 4 points at 10-6.

The Dragons would open the scoring in the second half after just 8 minutes, Salford once more the masters of their own downfall. Wood's forward pass giving the Dragons possession before Jodie Broughton would get himself on the end of a long flowing line move to go into the corner, Gigot unable to convert and the score now 14-6.

Broughton would show why he was Super League's fastest player for a number of years, Wiliame jamming in on Niall Evalds who lost the ball, Drinkwater throwing the pass and Broughton backing himself in a 50 metre footrace with Robert Lui that he never looked like losing, Gigot converting and Catalans now leading 20-6 with 18 minutes to go.

Jodie Broughton would finish off his hat-trick after a huge break from the Dragons would leave them with a man over, Gigot's kick to the corner finding Broughton in acres of space for a simple catch and put down against his former side, Gigot uanble to convert, Catalans now holding an 18 point lead.

Salford would bomb a certain try, a huge spiraling kick left to bounce by Gigot and Broughton, Logan Tomkins the fastest to react the bouncing ball before offloading to Craig Kopczak who just failed to keep hold of the ball on his way to the line, Salford left to roo another lost chance.

Salford's woes would deepen with 10 minutes to play, Kris Welham forced from the field by a nasty looking knee injury, then Gigot kicking a penalty goal after George Griffin was caught on the wrong side of the play the ball.

Salford would get a late conciliation try, George Griffin plucking a Jack Littlejohn pass from the air from 5 metres out to go over untouched for the Red Devils, Lui converting and the Red Devils now trailing 26-12 with 5 minutes left to play, Salford unable to find anything else and the Dragons lifted from the foot of the table.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours