A tight game that might have cost some Queenslanders a origin jersey...

North Queensland Cowboys 6 Melbourne Storm 7

It was a fairly slow and sloppy start to the Grand Final rematch between the Cowboys and Storm in Townsville. Both sides started the game with multiple errors and giving away penalties. The Cowboys went for the 2 from one of the early penalties, but Thurston kick hit the upright.

The Cowboys had the best early chance of the game with Granville putting a pin point grubber in, but unfortunately for the Cowboys Gavin Copper dropped the ball over the line.

The sloppy played continued throughout the first 20 minutes of the match as the combined error and penalty count averaged out with more than 1 occurring every 2 minutes.

An incorrect call from the refs and lack of action from the bunker resulted in a Cowboys goal line drop out. The next set from the Storm was close to their best of the match ending with another goal line drop out.

The following set resulted in the first points of the match as Smith went over from dummy half in a soft defensive display from the Cowboys. Smith was unable to convert his try as the Storm lead 4-0 after 34 minutes and held onto that lead into the halftime break.

The Storm were able to extend the lead to 6 after early back to back penalties allowed Smith a chance for an easy penalty goal which he took comfortably.

The Cowboys finally got on the board through an amazing effort from Feldt in the corner. Martin put in a cross field bomb and Feldt took the ball unchallenged, twisting and diving in the corner with Addo-Carr attempting to push him over the sideline. Feldt was able to plant the ball just inside the field of play and with the conversion from Thurston the score was locked up at 6 all after 55 minutes.

A penalty against Kaufusi for diving at the legs of a Cowboys player seen him placed on report, potentially costing himself an origin jersey.

A missed kick for touch from a penalty by Morgan (looked to have injured his leg/groin) gifted the Storm field position inside the final 10 minutes. With the scores locked Munster took the first chance handed to him to nail a field goal giving the Storm a 1 point lead with 7 minutes to go.

The Cowboys got down the Storm end of the field on their next set. Morgan missed a field goal from infront, but due to the deflection the Cowboys got the ball back and Munster ran through to plant the ball down under the sticks. Unfortunately for him and the Cowboys though it was ruled that there was an obstruction in the play.

The Cowboys had one last chance to even up the score with 3 minutes to go, this time the ball went to Thurston but he shanked the kicked.

The Storm were able to hold on to the 1 point lead and take home the 2 competition points.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours