A contender for worst conversion attempt ever cost the Sea Eagles.

Source: NRL.com

Sydney Roosters 22 defeat Manly Sea Eagles 20

Manly had the perfect start with an early try in there match against the Roosters, with Fonua-Blake going over virtually untouched next to the posts inside the first 5 minutes. Cherry-Evans made his best attempt for worst conversion attempt of the season, missing the conversion from 2 metres to the right of the post.

Some more sloppy defence from the Roosters close to the line gifted Manly the second try inside the first 10 minutes of the match. This time it was Uate burrowing over from hooker for his first try against the tri colours since 2011. DCE splits the post as the Sea Eagles kept up with the clock.

An error from Manly after the restart gave the Roosters the ball in Manly's red zone and they made them pay instantly with a play down the right side of the field. Ferguson got the one handed put down to score the first points for a Roosters player not named Latrell Mitchell for more than 200 minutes. Mitchell got the sideline conversion to cut the lead to 4.

With a missed forward pass by the refs and Manly unable to complete a set the Roosters finally leveled up with a try that can only be described as soft defence from Manly with Liu going over next to the post whilst Koroisau, Taupau and Paseka all had a hold of him. The conversion from Mitchell gave the Roosters a 2 point lead after 25 minutes.

The Roosters produced an error after scoring points and then gave away a penalty with DCE taking opportunity to level up the score at 12 all after converting the penalty goal from 10 m out just left of the posts.

The penalties continue infront of the sticks, this time it was the Roosters who decided to take the 2 points. Though it was a questionable decision as they had built pressure up on the Manly line after earn a repeat set.

And again another penalty goal as both sides discipline dropped as the half came to an end. This time it was Manly getting the 2 points through DCE with 3 minutes left in the half. Resulting in the scoreline at 14 all at the break.

A drop ball from Tom Trbojevic gifted the Roosters the ball 10m out from the try line and they made Manly pay instantly with Waerea-Hargreaves running over a poor attempt of a tackle from Lane. Mitchell converted the try to hand Roosters there biggest lead of the match.

The points dried up until back to back penalties to the Roosters gifted them another 2 points with 20 minutes to go.

Manly got a late try through Uate and with the sideline conversion the gap was down to 2 with 4 minutes to go. But unfortunately for Manly that missed sitter from DCE after the first try was the difference as the Roosters held onto the 2 point lead.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours