Wolves See Of Tigers In Torrid Conditions

The Mend a Hose jungle resembled a swamp pre-kick off, the pitch surviving an official inspection 60 minutes prior to the game. The conditions would reek havoc on both sides early on, Warrington forcing a goal line drop out after the ball would sit in a puddle in the Tigers in goal area, from the drop out Currie would attack the line and lose a very greasy ball in contact, giving the Tigers rest bite from an early onslaught.

The kickers were really using the weather worn pitch to their advantage, forcing kicks high and into the downpouring rain making it very difficult for the backs, Charnley losing the ball from a Luke Gale crossfield kick but Jake Trueman would come up with a handling error to give the Wolves a get out of jail card on this occasion.

The first points of the game would come from Stefan Ratchford's boot, Clark earning a penalty after being prevented a quick play the ball, the Wolves immediately pointing to the sticks. Ratchford would make no mistake and make it 2-0 with 22 minutes played in this tough fixture.

Some scrambling Tigers defence would prevent Warrington registering more points, Tyrone Roberts finding a gap and racing down-field, Oliver Holmes making the fantastic covering tackle and slowing the play down, Roberts in his rush to play the ball would knock on and the Tigers would survive once more.
2 minutes before halftime it looked like the Tigers were about to give the game it's first try, Luke Gale diving on a loose Daryl Clark pass and making a break into open pastures, the ref pulling play back for an offside in the Castleford defensive line much to the bemusement of the Castleford captain. Ratchford would decide to take the 2 points on offer once more to make it 4-0 to the visitors.

The game looked like it would head into halftime try-less, this was until the halftime siren would spark an expansive passage of play that would see Josh Charnley set away Toby King into the corner to extend Warrington's lead, Ratchford going 3/3 with the boot from the right wing to give the Wolves a 10-0 lead.

Castleford would start the second half in a much better way than they ended the first, Jake Webster using the soaked turf to his advantage and sliding Tom Lineham into his in goal area to earn his side a drop out, Castleford spreading the ball wide before Shenton would lose it in contact and Warrington would set about on a ferocious counter attack. Tom Lineham coming up just short of the line on that occasion.

The Tigers pressure would eventually pay off, Gale forcing a drop out from another soft grubber into the in goal area, his next kick would take a deflection of Tyrone Roberts and Oliver Holmes would react the fastest and give Castleford their first points of the match, Gale adding the extras from infront to give the home side hope at 10-6 with 27 minutes to play.

The game would boil over in the 68th minute, Jake Webster looked to have crossed for a try before the referee chalking it off, the Castleford players airing their frustrations and being marched an extra ten metres for their troubles. As if that was controversial enough, from the resulting play Warrington would earn a penalty from the resulting play and go out to a 6 point lead, Roberts taken out when challenging for a kick and Warrington now holding a 12-6 lead with 10 minutes left to play.

Castleford would go close in the last 10 minutes, Junior Moors poking his nose through but his pass put down by Grant Millington. Warrington would spring a counter attack after Toby King would jump on yet another loose ball, Daryl Clark finding his way over the line from dummy half with a minute to play and Ratchford keeping his 100% record in tact to give the Wolves the win in Castleford at a score off 18-6.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours