Warriors Crush KR At DW

Wigan  recovered from last week's close loss to Saints by taking their frustrations out on Hull KR, notching up over 40 points. The Rovers were dealing with everything Wigan were throwing at them early on, returning kicks with interest and even making inroads in attack.

The 21st minute would see the first close call for points, Dan Sarginson breaking through the line and setting away Liam Marshall who would make a sprint for the left corner, only denied by some good KR scrambling defence who would bundle him into touch.

Wigan would force a goal line drop out after Shaw would have to defuse a dangerous kick, Wigan taking advantage of the good field position and Sam Tomkins breaking the deadlock, Farrell held up just short of the line before Tomkins would slide over from dummy half, Tomkins converting his own try, 6-0 after 24 minutes.

Liam Farrell would get his try just 5 minutes later, hitting a perfect diagonal line and cutting through the Hull Kingston Rovers defence before a short sprint to the line, Sam Tomkins going 2 for 2 to give the Warriors a 12-0 lead.

Marshall would set off down the wing before linking up with George Williams, the Wigan half too fast for the covering Rovers defence, Sam Tomkins unable to add the extras from out wide as Wigan raced out to a 16-0 lead in 7 minutes.

Marshall would get a try of his own, Sam Tomkins stabbing the kick through before Marshall would dribble the ball through with his foot before dropping on the ball to push Wigan even further ahead, Tomkins swinging the ball just past the upright, 20-0 after 35 minutes.
Wigan's kicking game would pay yet more dividends, George Williams shallow grubber to the in goal area would be pounced on by Liam Farrell for the forwards second of the game, Tomkins kick successful and Wigan taking a 26-0 lead into the half.

 Wigan looked like they had picked up where they left off, Gildart bundled into touch just before the line, however, Atkin registering the visitors first points of the game, the kick through evading the Wigan defenders and Atkin reacting fastest, Shaw adding the 2 points.

Liam Marshall would get his second of the game, once more linking up with Sam Tomkins who would slide through a delicate kick, Marshall getting their first and putting down, Tomkins converting from the wing to give Wigan a 32-6 lead.

Hull KR's woes would deepen further as Johnson was sent for 10 minutes, giving Wigan plenty of space on the pitch to hit. Within 30 seconds of Johnson leaving the pitch Wigan would expose that space, Marshall grabbing his hat-trick and the Warriors now smelling blood, 36-6 with 15 minutes left to play.

Marshall would get his fourth of the afternoon 4 minutes later, yet another kick through would see the Wigan winger race through to get to the ball first, Tomkins able to add the extras from out wide as Wigan now held a 42-6 lead.

Wigan would finish the game with a penalty, a kick through looking for Tom Davies, who was clearly obstructed, Tomkins taking the extra two points on offer to give the Warriors a 44-6 win.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours