Tigers Ease Past Trinity

The Castleford Tigers put on a strong performance to ensure 2 points in a 24-4 victory at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle.

The Tigers wouldn't make the best start to the game, Joe Wardle knocking on in the Tigers first attacking set and giving Wakefield possession on the Castleford 40. From the resulting possession Ben Jones-Bishop looked nailed on to cross in the corner, prevented only by a Michael Shenton cover tackle to put him into touch.

Back to back penalties would give Castleford the first points of the game, first a ball steal on Wardle followed by a high shot on Milner, Gale shooting for the posts to make it 2-0 after 5 minutes.

In the 8th minute a minutes applause was undertaken by every fan in the ground for Adam Watene, a great show of respect.

Another penalty would give the Tigers yet more points, Anthony England this time the guilty party, Gale making no mistake from straight in front to make it 4-0 with 12 minutes gone. Just 7 minutes later Wakefield would once more be penalised and the Tigers taking a 6-0 lead.

Wakefield weren't making life easy for themselves, a knock on giving the Tigers possession to see Greg Minikin give the game it's first try after 27 minutes, Ellis looping a pass wide and the Castleford winger squeezing into the corner, Ellis unable to convert to make it 10-0.

Wakefield would strike with 5 minutes of the first half left to play, Jacob Miller's grubber too awkward for Ellis as he spilled the ball. Wakefield making the most of the new set of possession as Tyler Randell scooted from dummy half and powered over to score, Hampshire unable to convert and the sides going into the half at 10-4.

Both sides would cross inthe opening 10 minutes of the second half, both ruled out, Wakefield pulled up for obstruction and Castleford's for a foot in touch.

Ben Jones-Bishop would swat down a teasing pass and give Castleford another set of six, Milner taking full advantage of possession as he forced his way over from dummy half, Ellis kicking his first goal of the day to make it 16-4 with 25 minutes to play.

A penalty would bring yet more points to the Tigers with 8 minutes left, England once more stripping the ball and Ellis taking the 2 points on offer to truly put the game to bed.

Paul Mcshane would score the last points of the game, a loose ball hitting the deck and Mcshane the fastest to react as he sprinted 60 metres to score, Ellis converting as Castleford claimed a 24-4 victory over Trinity.



Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call