Leeds Go Down By 1 Point For Second Week Running

This game had close affair written all over it before the game even started, two sides evenly matched and playing at near full strength. It was sure to be tough match filled with close calls, bruising tackles and fantastic individual efforts.

Both sides were applying good pressure early on, the Rhinos were the first to force the defense to muscle up, Hull equal to the challenge and Talanoa bringing the ball away from his own line to ease the pressure, the Rhinos would have to do the hard work next, Sneyd's kick sitting up in the in goal and the Rhinos escaping.

The Rhinos would give away the first penalty of the game, Sneyd kicking downfield to start FC's next attacking set on the Leeds 40 metre line, the Rhinos line would hold firm, Kelly kicking to the corner on the 5th, Talanoa collecting but tackled just 3 metres short of the line.

Joel Moon looked to have opened the scoring after just 8 minutes, skipping through a hole and racing away towards a clear line from just 20 metres out, the referee pulling play back for an obstruction and the Rhinos handing over possession to the Black and White's from the penalty.

Tom Briscoe would put his side under pressure after spilling an Albert Kelly chip close to his own line, Hull getting another set of six. From the resulting possession FC would cross through Taylor, the referee checking with the video ref, the try ruled out after Dean Hadley was deemed to have obstructed the defensive line.

Jamie Shaul would be take out in the air by Jamie Jones-Buchanan, the penalty once more piggybacking Hull downfield and putting them in striking distance. The Balck and White's opening the scoring through Jake Connor after he went at two defenders and carried them over the line with him to score in the left corner, Sneyd pulling his kick just wide.

Tom Briscoe would almost atone for his earlier mistake, the Rhinos winger getting loose and breaking downfield, Hull's scrambling defence covering the and closing the gap on Briscoe, Briscoe offloading for Golding before the fullback was pulled down short of the line. A wide kick was dended well by Faraimo before earning his side a penalty and the Rhinos attack coming to nothing.

Brett Ferres would score for the Rhinos off a Richie Myler pass, the referee ruling the pass forward correctly and the Rhinos remained scoreless coming up to halftime.

Just 3 minutes later Hull would punish the Rhinos for not taking their chances, Sneyd's kick knocked on by Kallum Watkins giving Hull another set of six, Hull would make it count and Faraimo going over from an Albert Kelly short ball at the line on an angled run to power through and score, Sneyd once more unable to convert and Hull taking an 8-0 lead into the half.

Hull would start the second half in dominant fashion, Sneyd launching a high kick, Briscoe collecting and then being forced into touch and earning Hull the ball back on the Rhinos 10. Josh Griffin would force his way over, the decision handed upstairs to be checked and the video referee confirming that the centre was held up over the line, however, his centre on the other side of the pitch would be able to finish, Jake Connor grabbing his second of the game, Kelly once more the creator and Hull leading 14-0 after a Sneyd kick.

After 52 minutes the Rhinos would finally make the board, the ball going through the hands to Ryan Hall and the big winger stretching out and diving over, the video referee finding no reason to overturn the decision of try and the Rhinos were back in the game, Watkins slotting the kick and Leeds trailing 14-6.

Just 8 minutes later the Rhinos would be in again, questions asked of a pass in the build up but still given, Joel Moon stepping back on the inside from a Richie Myler pass and the Rhinos' number 6 going over to score, Watkins on target again and the Rhinos now only 2 points behind with 20 minutes to play.

The Rhinos would take the lead for the first time in the match 3 minutes after closing the gap, Parcell dropping on an evasive grubber, try given on the field and despite a question as to whether there was a knock on in the regather it was given the green light and the Rhinos now led 18-14 as Watkins went 3 for 3.

Carlos Tuimavave would level scores up with a kick to come, Albert Kelly's kick collected by Talanoa who then managed to free his arm for Tuimavave to score and set us up for a tense last 8 minutes, Sneyd missing the kick and the scores locked up at 18-18.

With 4 minutes to play Sneyd would kick the one pointer that Hull were looking for to put the finish line and 2 points in sight, Myler would attempt to level the score but his drop goal was charged down and Hull took the win 19-18.



Popular posts from this blog

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Rhinos Lose Out After Controversial Call