Warrington Nil Dragons

Warrington would make a bright start, Tyrone Roberts forcing a drop out from a threatening kick,Tony Gigot gathering but unable to escape the in goal area.

The resulting repeat set would see Mitch Brown squeeze into the corner from a sliding set play, the Wolves unable to add the extras, 4-0 with 4 minutes on the clock.

Daryl Clark would spot a gap from dummy half, darting through to open his account for the season, Bryson Goodwin converting 10 put Wire out 10 points ahead.

Warrington would pull further ahead after Kevin Brown kicked to the corner, Mitch Brown batting the ball back into the arms of a grateful Ben Murdoch-Masilla, Warrington leading by 14 after 27 minutes.

Catalans were refusing to accept their fate, driving hard up the middle and awarded a penalty for holding down, the Dragons making a rare trip to the Wolves 10 metre line, unable to produce points.

A huge scuffle erupted in the middle of the park, players coming from absolutely everywhere and individual battles emerging, the cause a swinging arm on Tom Lineham from Fouad Yaha, Yaha getting 10 minutes for his efforts Tom Lineham joining him for his part.

A Greg Bird sidestep coming back into the ruck would give the home side hope, feeding the ball to Tony Gigot who would grubber through,Clark forced to put the ball dead, once more the Dragons failing to register points after kicking the ball dead.

The Dragons would finish the first half by forcing a dangerous kick dead in goal and preparing for a few stern words from their head coach.

Warrington picked up where they left off in the first half, Murdoch-Masilla grabbing his second of the game with sheer brute force, Goodwin on the Mark once more to give the Wolves a 20 point lead.

Catalans would turn over possession in the strangest fashion, the halfback throwing a pass into the head of his player, luckily the Wolves failed to register points in this raid.

The rain was pouring down making the ball and the turf greasy, Warrington would cough up possession and invite pressure onto themselves, the Dragons would get over the stripe through Greg Bird,the try chalked off for obstruction by the video ref.

Catalans errors were mounting up, awarded a penalty for holding down but failing to find touch with the kick, the Wolves would take advantage, Goodwin breaking through the line and drawing the fullback,Kevin Brown failing to keep hold of the pass and bombing a certain try.

A swinging arm from the Dragons would be penalised just 12 metres from their own line, the Wolves would take the 2 points on offer, Goodwin unable to convert.

The next 10 minutes would be a lack luster and error ridden passage of Rugby League, the conditions worsening and making for an unenjoyable game, Catalans on the verge of making the wrong kind of history as they had never been billed at home before.

A second scuffle would break out in back play with five minutes left to play to top off a frustrating Dragons performance, Michael Mcilorum given 10 minutes, joined by George King, both sides down to 12 men for the second time.

Harvey Livett would add insult to injury, claiming a loose kick and sliding over the line with 3 minutes left to play, Goodwin extending the lead to 26-0, the game would finish with nothing else to report, handing Catalans their first ever billing at home.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Nath’s Sunday Night Signings and Rumours

Turkey demolish Japan 60-0