Super League Round 7 Headlines

In case you missed any of the action, here's a brief round up of all the action from round 7 of Super League.

Widnes Leave It Late

The Vikings atoned for a woeful first half against Salford by stealing a win in the last 10 minutes of the game, the Red Devils were clearly in charge for the majority of the game, forcing repeat set after repeat set, mostly through Robert Lui kicks. The second half very much started the same way but incredibly the Vikings never lost their resolve and began a fight back from 12-16 down to win the game 24-16 with two quick tries in the last 10 minutes, leaving Salford to rue their missed chances.

Castleford Hold Off Leeds Comeback

Leeds were left to face the reality of leaving a comeback too late, a poor start saw the Rhinos go 24-0 down in the first 25 minutes of the game, from their against a side like Castleford it was always going to be an uphill battle, but nobody could have imagined that Luke Gale's drop goal on the stroke of halftime would be the deciding point of the game. Leeds made an incredible fightback and a Ryan Hall try with 2 minutes to play would leave the Rhinos within touching distance of completing the amazing comeback, Watkins unable to convert and the Tigers holding out for the 25-24 win in a Super League Thriller.

Hull Hit 40 Against Dragons

What a difference Albert Kelly can make to a Hull side, the playmaker wasted no time getting back into the swing of things and by the end of the night he had been involved in just shy of half of all Hull's tries scored. The Black and White's were in attack mode from the word go, opening the scoring after just 10 minutes and then didn't stop scoring up until 61st minute. Catalans registered two tries before the final whistle to make a slightly more respectable scoreline, but Hull's dominance was clear in the scoreline which included a Talanoa and Josh Griffin double giving a good idea of Hull's point of attack, the Black and White's running out 42-16 winners.

Wolves Edge Trinity In Tight Game

Warrington managed to keep Wakefield at arms length by the final whistle after Trinity briefly stole the lead. A Tom Lineham hat-trick one of the highlights of the game which included a Ben Murdoch-Masilla 30 metre solo effort in which he bumped off 5 Wakefield defenders on his way to the line. Wakefield put up a valiant fight throughout the game, scoring two late tries to draw the game back to just a 10 point deficit, but were ultimately by a very good looking Warrington side by a score of 34-24.

Wigan Put A Cricket Score On The Giants

Huddersfield should have had an idea of how their evening was going to be when Wigan winger Tom Davies scored in just after 2 minutes. Just 5 minutes later Jermaine McGilvary would give the Huddersfield fans something to cheer when he would intercept a Wigan pass and race 60 metres to score, that would be the only thing for the Giants to celebrate as Wigan would then put over 30 unanswered points on Huddersfield in the course of the next 60 minutes, giving Wigan a 48-10 victory over the struggling Giants.

Saints Get Back To Winning Ways

St Helens bounced back to winning ways with a victory over a brave Hull KR side. Going into the half the Robins were holding their own against the league leaders, the score 14-6. The second half would be a slightly different tale  as Saints slowly but surely ground down their opponents scoring 3 unanswered tries in the second half including a brilliant solo effort from Dominique Peyroux, final score 30-6.



Popular posts from this blog

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours

Manly Rookie charged with Intentionally Filming Sex Act

Nath’s Monday Signings and Rumours